I. Information & Data
- We define “personal information” as it is used in the Protection of Personal Information Act. “Personal Information” shall mean information about a living individual which can identify the specific individual by name, date of birth or any other descriptions contained in such information (including any information that will allow easy reference to other information and will thereby compromise the identity of the specific individual).
- Access log information and any other non-personally identifiable information will include the following: service usage, items purchased, viewed advertisements, search and browser history, server logs, IP address, cookies, location, UUID, and sensitive information (such as sex, age, occupation, and postal code)
II. Method of Acquisition
- During the registration phase, we will ask for the following personal information: name, date of birth, address, phone number, email address, bank account number, credit card number, and your driver’s license number. Furthermore, we will collect transaction records that may include your personal information (such as payment info) between our users and our trusted third party partners (such as info providers, advertisers, etc.).
- In regard to user information, we will collect the following data: service usage, products purchased, viewed advertisements, search and browser history, server logs, IP address, cookies, location, UUID, and method of access (device) when utilizing our web service or our partner’s web service.
III. Purpose & Usage of Data
We collect user information for the following purposes:
- We will collect registration information (such as name, address, contact info, method of payment, previously utilized services, and purchased goods) in order to allow users (you) to access, view, and modify (your) information and service usage history.
- All contact information (such as name, address, etc.) will be solely utilized for the purpose of contacting our users (through email notifications) or to send our users their purchased products.
- We will collect user information (such as name, date of birth, address, telephone number, bank account number, credit card number, and driver’s license number) in order to verify the legitimacy of our service users.
- Furthermore, such information (name, address, bank account number, credit card number, purchase history, service usage, and payment history) will also be used during the transaction process (payment, product delivery, receipt, etc.)
- In order to ease the navigation process through our web service (and the services provided by our trusted partners), we will collect and store information so that it will be automatically inputted on screen when necessary. Automatic input of data is only possible with user consent.
- We will collect personal information (such as name, date of birth, address, etc.) in order to verify the legitimacy of our users and of those who have violated the terms of service in the past or intend to use the service for fraudulent purposes (failure to pay, damage to a third party).
- We will collect information (such as method of payment, method of billing, contact info, etc.) so that we may adequately respond to any questions that our users may have and/or resolve any difficulties that our users may be experiencing with our service.
- All information will be used to complement the purposes listed above.
IV. Provision of Personal Information to a Third Party
- We will not provide a third party with personal data without in advance obtaining the person’s consent to do so, except in the following cases:
- Cases in which the provision of personal data is based on laws and regulations.
- Cases in which the provision of personal data is necessary in order to protect the life, body, or property of an individual, and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person.
- Cases in which the provision of personal data is necessary in order to improve public health or promote healthy child development, and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person.
- Cases in which the provision of personal data is necessary in order to cooperate with a national government organ, local government, or an individual or a business operator entrusted thereby with performing the affairs prescribed by laws and regulations, and obtaining the consent of the person is likely to interfere with the performance of those affairs.
- At the request of the user, if we agree to stop providing a third party with any personal data that can be used to identify the user, but then notify the user of the following information in advance or if we make the information readily accessible to the user in advance, we may provide that personal data to a third party. The following must be notified to the user:
- The fact that providing the data to a third party constitutes the Purpose of Use.
- The items of the personal data we will provide to the third party.
- The means in which we will provide the data to a third party.
- The fact that we will stop providing personal data that can be used to identify the person to a third party at the request of the person.
- In the following cases, the individual or business operator being provided with the personal data will not be deemed to be a third party:
- In the case that we entrust a separate individual or business operator with all or part of the handling of personal data within the scope necessary for achieving the Purpose of Use.
- In the case that the personal data is provided to a separate individual or business operator due to a merger or other such circumstances.
- In the case that the personal data which is used jointly with a specific individual or business operator is provided to the individual or business operator, and the individual or business operator notify the person of this in advance as well as notify the person of the items of the personal data of which the specific individual or business operator have joint use, the extent of the joint users, the user’s purposes of use, and the name of the individual or business operator responsible for managing the personal data, or the individual or business operator make the foregoing information readily accessible to the person in advance.
V. Disclosure of Personal Information
- If requested by the user, we will disclose the retained personal data without delay. However, in the following cases, we may choose not to disclose all or part of the retained personal data. Furthermore, disclosure of personal information requires ¥1,000 fee per case.
- We may choose not to disclose all or part of the retained personal data if disclosure is likely to harm the life, body, property, or other rights or interests of the person or a third party.
- We may choose not to disclose all or part of the retained personal data if disclosure is likely to seriously interfere with the proper implementation of our business or the business of the operator handling the personal information.
- We may choose not to disclose all or part of the retained personal data if disclosure would violate any other law or regulation.
- As a general rule, we will not disclose access log information or any information except for personal information regardless of the statements above.
VI. Revision of Personal Information
- If the user’s personal information owned by the Company is incorrect information, the user can request correction of the personal information or deletion of the personal information by the procedure specified by the Company.
- We will correct or delete the personal information without notice and notify the user if we judge that it is necessary to respond to the request by the user upon receiving the request from the user.
VII. Suspension or Termination of Personal Information
We will suspend or terminate the use of any personal information if requested by the user. A user may make such a request if they feel that their personal information is utilized beyond its purpose of use or if the user feels that the information was acquired by wrongful means. If such a request is given, we will immediately conduct an investigation and based on the findings suspend or delete such information. However, in the case that the suspension or termination of such information is difficult or costly, we will take alternative measures necessary to protect the rights and interests of our service users. The user will be notified of the investigation, our findings, and the course of action taken.
VIII. Updates & Modifications
IX. Contact Us
If you have an inquiry regarding our privacy practices, please feel free to contact us.
Address: 371 Moto-cho, Sanjo-sagaru, Yamato-oji, Higashiyama-ku, Kyoto, Japan
Company: Yamazoe Tenkodo Co., Ltd.