Ukita, Ikkei `Shukei Arashiyama-zu` [Autumn Scenery of Arashiyama]
Oigawa River runs through Arashiyama.
Upstream of the river, coloured trees bend in the autumn breeze.
This is an artwork in which the artist has skillfully expressed the flow of the river and wind using lines, light, shade, and the permeation of the ink.
It is a masterpiece which, while using a lot of white space, stunningly expresses Japan`s beauty.
About the artist:
Ukita, Ikkei (1795-1859)
Ikkei, active in the Bakumatsu period, was a painter of Yamato-e, a style of Japanese painting which developed in the Heian period.
There are many lightly-coloured artworks by Ikkei which have been rapidly painted.
As Ikkei told his pupils, he firmly believed that `if, without selfish intention, one does one`s best to stop copying the spirit of old paintings, one`s own character will appear naturally`.
His works are currently held by the Kyoto National Museum, the Metropolitan Museum of Art, and other institutions domestically and internationally.
This is an elegant Japanese-style work which has been inspired by the sights, sounds, and feelings of the colours of momiji [autumn leaves], the cool autumn breeze, and the running river.
Because many songs were composed about Arashiyama by the Heian period aristocracy, it is the perfect depiction of Japanese scenery and therefore a beautiful backdrop against which to display a bonsai.
Ukita, Ikkei（浮田一蕙） . `Shukei Arashiyama-zu` [Autumn Scenery of Arashiyama]
- Name of the artist
- Ukita, Ikkei
- Shukei Arashiyama-zu` [Autumn Scenery of Arashiyama]
- 32 x 48.5 cm
- This is a scroll which can be displayed in autumn.
There are a few small creases to the artwork and some marks to the mounting due to age.
- Your purchased item will be shipped and delivered directly from Japan.
- our purchased item will be shipped by Japan Post (EMS). However, you can request that your product be shipped by Fedex or DHL as well.
- Your purchased item will arrive about 7-10 days after the payment transaction is complete.
- Customers will be given a product tracking number so that they can track their purchased item during delivery.
- Please contact us if you desire insurance on your purchased product.
- Large-sized items may require an additional shipping fee.
- Shipping Fee by Area:
Asia - ¥ 2,000
Oceania, North America, Central America, & the Middle East - ¥ 3,000
Europe - ¥ 3,500
South America & Africa - ¥ 4,000
- The shipping fees listed above are for Japan Post (EMS). Extra fees may change if you choose to use Fedex or DHL.
- The shipping fees listed above are estimations only. If you desire a more accurate calculation, please contact us in advance.
- The shipping fees listed above are for a single item. The fee will be doubled with the purchase of 2 products. (As the shipping fee is calculated by the weight of package)
- You can get free shipping if you purchase 3 or more items
- Attention:We ship our items from JAPAN. You may be charged fee at the custom in your country. We can not know whether your package will be charged or not, and how much it will cost. In any case, the customs duty is the recipient's responsibility.
- Payment can be made through a wire transfer or with PayPal.
- Wire Transfer Method:
Below is the necessary information to make an wire transfer.
Note: We require our customers to pay a small remittance fee.
Bank: Mitsui Sumitomo
Account Type: Regular Savings Account
Account Number: 7039838
Account Owner (name): Yamazoe Tenkodo Co., Ltd
Return & Refund Policy
- We accept returns of purchased product and offer a full refund if you contact us within 7 days of the delivery date (the date that you receive the product). However, we will require you to pay the shipping fee required to return the item.
Please pay careful attention when repackaging the artwork for return.
Any return or refund request will be denied after 8 days of the delivery date (the date that you receive the product).
- Although each of our listed artworks have been carefully examined and inspected, if an expert (academic institution or public art museum curator) deems your purchased item to be inauthentic, we will offer a full refund despite the 7 day limitation mentioned above. In order to make a claim of authenticity, please do the following:
- Inform us of who has examined the artwork as well as his or her professional opinion.
- Return the artwork. We ask of you to pay the required shipping fee for the items return.
- Once the artwork has been returned, we will give you a full refund.
About Yamazoe Tenkodo
- Tourists (both Japanese & foreign)
- People who are in need of seasonal decorations.
- Japanese as well as foreign personal art collectors.
- Researchers and academics who study Japanese art (both Japanese & foreign)
- Museum curators (both foreign & Japanese)