Imao, Keinen. `Kyokujitsu Aranami-zu` [Illustration of the Rising Sun and Stormy Seas]
A `kyokuha-zu` [illustration of the morning sun upon waves], in which the sun rises from the sea, is a motif used to symbolise something ceremonial or formal.
In other words, this is a scroll which can be displayed on days of celebration. Due to its compatibility with bonsai, however, one can use it as `bonsai scenery` even when there is nothing in particular to celebrate.
About the artist:
Imao, Keinen (1845-1924)
Keinen was a nihonga [Japanese-style] painter of the Meiji and Taisho periods.
He was a pupil of Suzuki Hyakunen.
He had a high reputation for creating beautiful artworks, and won numerous prizes and exhibited many works both domestically and internationally, for example at the Chicago and Paris world fairs.
Keinen was a teishitsu-gigein [Imperial Court Artist], an artist considered to have exceeded his peers in both personality and skill, and appointed, according to the system established in 1890, by the Imperial Household Ministry. This award was considered the highest honour and gave the recipient significant authority among artists.
Keinen was also a judge at the Bunten Exhibition and a member of the Imperial Academy of Fine Arts.
He passed away in Taisho 13  at the age of 80.
In Japan, from long ago the image of the sun rising over the ocean has not just been regarded as scenery, but also cherished as an image which can make viewers feel blessed to be able to begin a new day and live life to the fullest.
The rising sun appears over the horizon of the boundless sea, and thus a new day begins.
Because both water and the sun support all life, this scroll is perfect to be displayed with a bonsai, which is in itself regarded as living art.
Imao, Keinen（今尾景年）. `Kyokujitsu Aranami-zu` [Illustration of the Rising Sun and Stormy Seas]
- Name of the artist
- Imao, Keinen.
- `Kyokujitsu Aranami-zu` [Illustration of the Rising Sun and Stormy Seas]
- 105.5 x 35 cm
- This is a scroll which can be displayed in spring, summer, autumn, and/or winter.
It comes in a paulownia wood box on which, to authenticate the artwork, the artist himself has painted his name and the title of the work.
- Your purchased item will be shipped and delivered directly from Japan.
- our purchased item will be shipped by Japan Post (EMS). However, you can request that your product be shipped by Fedex or DHL as well.
- Your purchased item will arrive about 7-10 days after the payment transaction is complete.
- Customers will be given a product tracking number so that they can track their purchased item during delivery.
- Please contact us if you desire insurance on your purchased product.
- Large-sized items may require an additional shipping fee.
- Shipping Fee by Area:
Asia - ¥ 2,000
Oceania, North America, Central America, & the Middle East - ¥ 3,000
Europe - ¥ 3,500
South America & Africa - ¥ 4,000
- The shipping fees listed above are for Japan Post (EMS). Extra fees may change if you choose to use Fedex or DHL.
- The shipping fees listed above are estimations only. If you desire a more accurate calculation, please contact us in advance.
- The shipping fees listed above are for a single item. The fee will be doubled with the purchase of 2 products. (As the shipping fee is calculated by the weight of package)
- You can get free shipping if you purchase 3 or more items
- Attention:We ship our items from JAPAN. You may be charged fee at the custom in your country. We can not know whether your package will be charged or not, and how much it will cost. In any case, the customs duty is the recipient's responsibility.
- Payment can be made through a wire transfer or with PayPal.
- Wire Transfer Method:
Below is the necessary information to make an wire transfer.
Note: We require our customers to pay a small remittance fee.
Bank: Mitsui Sumitomo
Account Type: Regular Savings Account
Account Number: 7039838
Account Owner (name): Yamazoe Tenkodo Co., Ltd
Return & Refund Policy
- We accept returns of purchased product and offer a full refund if you contact us within 7 days of the delivery date (the date that you receive the product). However, we will require you to pay the shipping fee required to return the item.
Please pay careful attention when repackaging the artwork for return.
Any return or refund request will be denied after 8 days of the delivery date (the date that you receive the product).
- Although each of our listed artworks have been carefully examined and inspected, if an expert (academic institution or public art museum curator) deems your purchased item to be inauthentic, we will offer a full refund despite the 7 day limitation mentioned above. In order to make a claim of authenticity, please do the following:
- Inform us of who has examined the artwork as well as his or her professional opinion.
- Return the artwork. We ask of you to pay the required shipping fee for the items return.
- Once the artwork has been returned, we will give you a full refund.
About Yamazoe Tenkodo
- Tourists (both Japanese & foreign)
- People who are in need of seasonal decorations.
- Japanese as well as foreign personal art collectors.
- Researchers and academics who study Japanese art (both Japanese & foreign)
- Museum curators (both foreign & Japanese)