A Bonsai Scroll for Spring,Summer and Autum. Kano, Michinobu [Illustration of Two Falcons]
Two falcons soar in the sky, glaring at one another (perhaps having a stand-off).
Their harsh eyes and sharp bills are prominent and in complete contrast with their soft feathers, expressed through the permeation of the ink.
From long ago, falcons, with their bravery and stamina, have been loved as a motif by powerful people and daimyo.
Because the falcons fly upwards, the scroll also suggests the superstitious meaning `to make a leap`.
About the artist:
Kano, Michinobu (1730-1790)
Michinobu was a painter of the Kano School who lived during the mid-Edo period. The Kano School was a group of painters founded in the Muromachi period who served the authorities of the time. At a young age Michinobu`s ability was recognized by Tokugawa Yoshimune, and he later also received the patronage of the tenth shogun, Tokugawa Ieharu. He is believed to have been a quiet, serious, and honest man.
In haiku, the word `taka` [falcon] is used to represent winter. When displaying this scroll with a bonsai to make scenery, however, such meanings do not necessarily matter.
In order to create a balanced appearance, please consider both the size of the falcons in the artwork and the size of the bonsai with which you will display the scroll.
As falcons are often painted next to matsu [pine trees], this artwork will match well with a pine.
Kano, Michinobu（狩野興信）. [Illustration of Two Falcons].
- Name of the artist
- Kano, Michinobu
- Futa-Taka-zu` [Illustration of Two Falcons]
- 101 x 38 cm
- Please choose a bonsai which matches well with the size of the falcons.
A pine bonsai will complement this artwork nicely.
- Your purchased item will be shipped and delivered directly from Japan.
- our purchased item will be shipped by Japan Post (EMS). However, you can request that your product be shipped by Fedex or DHL as well.
- Your purchased item will arrive about 7-10 days after the payment transaction is complete.
- Customers will be given a product tracking number so that they can track their purchased item during delivery.
- Please contact us if you desire insurance on your purchased product.
- Large-sized items may require an additional shipping fee.
- Shipping Fee by Area:
Asia - ¥ 2,000
Oceania, North America, Central America, & the Middle East - ¥ 3,000
Europe - ¥ 3,500
South America & Africa - ¥ 4,000
- The shipping fees listed above are for Japan Post (EMS). Extra fees may change if you choose to use Fedex or DHL.
- The shipping fees listed above are estimations only. If you desire a more accurate calculation, please contact us in advance.
- The shipping fees listed above are for a single item. The fee will be doubled with the purchase of 2 products. (As the shipping fee is calculated by the weight of package)
- You can get free shipping if you purchase 3 or more items
- Attention:We ship our items from JAPAN. You may be charged fee at the custom in your country. We can not know whether your package will be charged or not, and how much it will cost. In any case, the customs duty is the recipient's responsibility.
- Payment can be made through a wire transfer or with PayPal.
- Wire Transfer Method:
Below is the necessary information to make an wire transfer.
Note: We require our customers to pay a small remittance fee.
Bank: Mitsui Sumitomo
Account Type: Regular Savings Account
Account Number: 7039838
Account Owner (name): Yamazoe Tenkodo Co., Ltd
Return & Refund Policy
- We accept returns of purchased product and offer a full refund if you contact us within 7 days of the delivery date (the date that you receive the product). However, we will require you to pay the shipping fee required to return the item.
Please pay careful attention when repackaging the artwork for return.
Any return or refund request will be denied after 8 days of the delivery date (the date that you receive the product).
- Although each of our listed artworks have been carefully examined and inspected, if an expert (academic institution or public art museum curator) deems your purchased item to be inauthentic, we will offer a full refund despite the 7 day limitation mentioned above. In order to make a claim of authenticity, please do the following:
- Inform us of who has examined the artwork as well as his or her professional opinion.
- Return the artwork. We ask of you to pay the required shipping fee for the items return.
- Once the artwork has been returned, we will give you a full refund.
About Yamazoe Tenkodo
- Tourists (both Japanese & foreign)
- People who are in need of seasonal decorations.
- Japanese as well as foreign personal art collectors.
- Researchers and academics who study Japanese art (both Japanese & foreign)
- Museum curators (both foreign & Japanese)