Kaneda, Shinsho. `Shirakumo` [White Clouds] (Two-Character Calligraphy on Shikishi)
Two characters, `shira` [white] and `kumo` [cloud], are drawn on the face of the shikishi.
Dots, straight lines, curves, sweeping strokes, and the depth and permeation of the ink:
each has its own rhythm, and each character is expressed through them as free shapes, like floating clouds.
Nevertheless, one can say that the artist`s talent restores balance to the face of the artwork.
About the artist:
Kaneda, Shinsho (1908-1990)
Kaneda, a calligrapher, became a pupil of Suzuki Suiken at the age of 20.
He worked as a calligraphy teacher at a primary school, middle school, and all-female high school, then entered the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology, helping to write calligraphy textbooks and developing calligraphy education.
He held consecutive managerial positions, working as a judge at the Mainichi Calligraphy Exhibition and a trustee of the Nitten [Japan Fine Arts Exhibition], and in 1965 won the Nitten Monbu Daijin-sho. In 1971 he received an award from the Japan Art Academy, and in 1983 he was awarded the Order of the Rising Sun (gold rays with rosette).
He passed away in 1990 at the age of 82.
There is a Kaneda Shinsho Calligraphy Art Gallery in Horonobe, Hokkaido.
The calligraphy of the two characters `white` and `cloud` painted on the shikishi [high-quality paperboard] seems to change depending on the season. This is an artwork which can be displayed nicely with any bonsai.
The shikishi itself is an artwork in the sense that it was hand-made by living national treasure Iwano Ichibei, the ninth generation of the Iwano family.
The beauty of the Echizen washi-paper used in the shikishi enhances the calligraphy, and will also enhance the beauty of your bonsai.
Kaneda, Shinsho（金田心象）. `Shirakumo` [White Clouds] (Two-Character Calligraphy on Shikishi)
- Name of the artist
- Kaneda, Shinsho.
- Shirakumo` [White Clouds] (Two-Character Calligraphy on Shikishi)
- 27 x 24 cm
- This shikishi was hand-made using Echizen washi-paper by living national treasure Iwano Ichibei, the ninth generation of the Iwano family.
To authenticate this, the verso of the shikishi has been stamped with the words `jyuyo mukei bunkazai [important intangible cultural asset], Iwano Ichibei`.
This is an artwork which can be displayed in spring, summer, autumn, and/or winter.
As this is a work on shikishi [high-quality paperboard], a mounting is necessary (available for purchase separately) if it is to be displayed as a hanging scroll.
- Your purchased item will be shipped and delivered directly from Japan.
- our purchased item will be shipped by Japan Post (EMS). However, you can request that your product be shipped by Fedex or DHL as well.
- Your purchased item will arrive about 7-10 days after the payment transaction is complete.
- Customers will be given a product tracking number so that they can track their purchased item during delivery.
- Please contact us if you desire insurance on your purchased product.
- Large-sized items may require an additional shipping fee.
- Shipping Fee by Area:
Asia - ¥ 2,000
Oceania, North America, Central America, & the Middle East - ¥ 3,000
Europe - ¥ 3,500
South America & Africa - ¥ 4,000
- The shipping fees listed above are for Japan Post (EMS). Extra fees may change if you choose to use Fedex or DHL.
- The shipping fees listed above are estimations only. If you desire a more accurate calculation, please contact us in advance.
- The shipping fees listed above are for a single item. The fee will be doubled with the purchase of 2 products. (As the shipping fee is calculated by the weight of package)
- You can get free shipping if you purchase 3 or more items
- Attention:We ship our items from JAPAN. You may be charged fee at the custom in your country. We can not know whether your package will be charged or not, and how much it will cost. In any case, the customs duty is the recipient's responsibility.
- Payment can be made through a wire transfer or with PayPal.
- Wire Transfer Method:
Below is the necessary information to make an wire transfer.
Note: We require our customers to pay a small remittance fee.
Bank: Mitsui Sumitomo
Account Type: Regular Savings Account
Account Number: 7039838
Account Owner (name): Yamazoe Tenkodo Co., Ltd
Return & Refund Policy
- We accept returns of purchased product and offer a full refund if you contact us within 7 days of the delivery date (the date that you receive the product). However, we will require you to pay the shipping fee required to return the item.
Please pay careful attention when repackaging the artwork for return.
Any return or refund request will be denied after 8 days of the delivery date (the date that you receive the product).
- Although each of our listed artworks have been carefully examined and inspected, if an expert (academic institution or public art museum curator) deems your purchased item to be inauthentic, we will offer a full refund despite the 7 day limitation mentioned above. In order to make a claim of authenticity, please do the following:
- Inform us of who has examined the artwork as well as his or her professional opinion.
- Return the artwork. We ask of you to pay the required shipping fee for the items return.
- Once the artwork has been returned, we will give you a full refund.
About Yamazoe Tenkodo
- Tourists (both Japanese & foreign)
- People who are in need of seasonal decorations.
- Japanese as well as foreign personal art collectors.
- Researchers and academics who study Japanese art (both Japanese & foreign)
- Museum curators (both foreign & Japanese)